- 4K+ Scans (4096x2550) ProRes 422 Quicktime files
- Made with 8mm Kodak Vision 3 Stock
- 15 different & unique Film Burns
- SFX from one of the best sound designers in the industry
- Detailed tutorial and examples
- Includes BONUS Super 8 film gate scan
- No plugins required, works in Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut, AE, DaVinci Resolve, Sony Vegas and more!
The coolest thing about shooting on real film are the burns. Between every two shots, there are several frames that are overexposed because the film is stationary for a long time. This overexposure bleeds into the adjacent frames.
We started to experiment with this technical aspect by using different lights and gels. The result is colorful film burns, which are overscanned in 4k+ resolution to fit any of your projects.
You want to scale them down to HD? - yes!
You want to scale them up - yes!
You want to lose the sprocket holes and use the burn as a transition - hell yeah!
We had a lot of fun playing around with them and we're sure you will too.
Let there be color
Most film burns that you see elsewhere are red or blue. This is due to the simple fact that film is designed for tungsten light and daylight and that the wrong color temperature will cause blue or red shifts. We wanted to come up with something different and used a lot of gels on tungsten lights and an ARRI Skypanel to give you all the colorful Film Burns you need. Plus, you can crank them up to the perfect tone with a simple Hue effect in any editing software.
Easy to apply to your footage via blend mode
Drag it over your footage, set the blend mode to screen and... it is as simple as that. After you've done the hard part, you can get creative and play with the assets. Stack them, scale them, reposition them.
This product includes
- 15 Film Burns, 4096x2550px ProRes422 Files
- BONUS Super 8 Film Gate
- Unique sound design for every Film Burn
- Detailed tutorial